United Way 2-1-1
Life is unpredictable. That's why caring people throughout the Central Savannah River Area are ready to lend a helping hand - just when you need it most. Now, locating the best source of assistance is easy through United Way 2-1-1.
2-1-1 is your first and best resource to find the help you need or to help others.
United Way's 2-1-1 is a comprehensive information and referral service, providing FREE, CONFIDENTIAL ASSISTANCE in finding the help you need
from among the many resources available in the CSRA. 2-1-1 is not a crisis or emergency line. It is, however, an excellent resource for gaining information that can put you in touch with professionals who care. The service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
United Way 2-1-1 provides information and referral services for the following:
To GET or GIVE help, DIAL 2-1-1.
AT&T, Sprint/Nextel, T-Mobile, and Verizon cell phone users may also dial 2-1-1.
- Basic Human Needs Resources: food banks, clothing closets, shelters, rent assistance, utility assistance
- Physical and Mental Health Resources: health insurance programs Medicaid and Medicare, maternal health, Children’s Health Insurance Program, medical information lines, crisis intervention services, support groups, counseling, drug and alcohol intervention and rehabilitation
- Employment Supports: financial assistance, job training, transportation assistance, education programs
- Support for Older Americans and Persons with Disabilities: adult day care, congregate meals, Meals on Wheels, respite care, home health care, transportation, homemaker services
- Support for Children, Youth and Families: childcare, after school programs, Head Start, family resource centers, summer camps and recreation programs, mentoring, tutoring, protective services
- Volunteer Opportunities and Donations
ou may also dial 706.826.1495.
to read about United Way 2-1-1's Most Recent Accomplishments
View our Current Snapshot
View 2-1-1 Public Service Announcements (PSAs):