EFSP PUBLIC NOTICE
RICHMOND COUNTY HAS BEEN AWARDED FEDERAL FUNDS MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY (DHS)/FEDERAL EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT AGENCY UNDER THE EMERGENCY FOOD AND SHELTER NATIONAL BOARD PROGRAM.
Richmond County has been awarded $76,249 (considered Phase 40) to supplement existing emergency food and shelter programs in the county. The selection was made by a National Board that is chaired by the U. S. Department of Homeland Security's Federal Emergency Management Agency and consists of representatives from American Red Cross; Catholic Charities, USA; National Council of the Churches of Christ in the USA; The Jewish Federations of North America; The Salvation Army; and, United Way Worldwide. The Local EFSP Board was charged to distribute funds appropriated by Congress to help expand the capacity of food and shelter programs in high-need areas around the country and will determine how these funds are to be distributed among the emergency food and shelter programs run by local service agencies in the area. Under the terms of the grant from the National Board, local agencies chosen to receive funds must:
1) be private, voluntary nonprofits or units of government,
2) be eligible to receive Federal funds,
3) have an accounting system,
4) practice nondiscrimination,
5) have demonstrated the capability to deliver emergency food and/or shelter programs, and
6) if they are a private voluntary organization, have a voluntary board. Qualifying agencies are urged to apply.
Please download the following application, fill it out, and email to email@example.com:
In need of additional assistance? Email Angela Collins at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline to submit the application is February 17, 2023, by 5 p.m.