top of page
Screen Shot 2023-10-04 at 5.03.28 PM.png


The VITA program has operated for over 50 years. VITA sites offer free tax help to people who need assistance in preparing their own tax returns, including:

  • People who generally make $60,000 or less

  • Persons with disabilities; and

  • Limited English-speaking taxpayers

Not a candidate for the VITA program?

Want to file your taxes on your own?

You can prepare your taxes for FREE online at

Anchor 2
Screen Shot 2023-10-04 at 5.03.34 PM.png


You must call 2-1-1 to book an appointment in order to receive the tax prep services. 

Screen Shot 2023-10-04 at 5.03.44 PM.png


Bring all necessary forms, and work with an IRS certified tax specialist to complete your return.

  • Proof of identification (driver’s license, state photo ID or other government-issued identification that includes a photo)

  • Social Security cards for you, your spouse and dependents

  • Note: If you need to request a replacement card or update your Social Security record, go to Social Security number & card to find the best way to do this.

  • An Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) assignment letter may be substituted for you, your spouse, and your dependents if you do not have a Social Security number

  • Proof of foreign status, if applying for an ITIN

  • Birth dates for you, your spouse, and dependents on the tax return

  • Wage and earning statements (Form W-2, W-2G, 1099-R,1099-Misc) from all employers

  • Social Security Benefit Statements (SSA-1099), if applicable

  • Interest and dividend statements from banks (Forms 1099)

  • Health Insurance Exemption Certificate, if received

  • A copy of last year’s federal and state returns, if available

  • Proof of bank account routing and account numbers for direct deposit such as a blank check

  • To file taxes electronically on a married-filing-joint tax return, both spouses must be present to sign the required forms

  • Total paid for daycare provider and the daycare provider's tax identifying number such as their Social Security number or business Employer Identification Number

  • Forms 1095-A, B, and C, Health Coverage Statements

  • Copies of income transcripts from IRS and state, if applicable

Will and won't prepare.png
  • Wages, salaries, etc. (Form W-2)

  • Interest Income (Form 1099-INT)

  • Dividends Received (Form 1099-DIV)

  • State Tax Refunds (Form 1099-G)

  • Unemployment Benefits (Form 1099-G)

  • IRA Distributions (Form 1099-R)

  • Pension Income (Forms 1099-R, RRB-1099-R, CSA-1099)

  • Social Security Benefits (Form SSA-1099, RRB-1099)

  • Simple Capital Gain/Loss (Form 1099-B) limited

  • Sale of Home (Form 1099-S) limited

  • Prior Year and Amended Returns

  • Self-Employed Income (Form 1099-MISC, Form 1099-NEC and Form 1099-K) limited

  • Gambling Winnings (Form W-2G)

  • Cancellation of Debt (Form 1099-C) limited

  • Health Savings Accounts (Form 1099-SA) limited

  • Itemized Deductions limited

  • Education Credits (Form 1098-T)

  • Child Tax Credit

  • Earned Income Credit

  • Health Insurance Statements (Forms 1095-A, B or C)

Screen Shot 2023-10-04 at 6.26.20 PM.png
bottom of page