7 Reasons You Should Use 211 in 2021
From hello to help, 211 is here for every person and every problem.
In a crisis, in a disaster, in a pandemic, 211 is here to help every person in our 12-county community. From finding food and paying for housing and bills to connecting to other essential services, 211 is there.
Our 211 helpline is a critical part of our United Way’s mission for lifting struggling families out of poverty across the CSRA.
Here’s why you should use our vital service—and let others know about it, too.
211 provides connections to many kinds of resources and services, including:
Basic Human Needs Resources
Physical and Mental Health Resources
Employment Support Resources
Support for the Elderly and Persons with Disabilities
Support for Children, Youth, and Families and
Volunteer Opportunities and Donations
2. The 211 specialists are amazing listeners! 211 does more than patch people through to agencies. Instead, when someone has a crisis they can reach a real person, a caring expert who offers comfort, hope, and solutions - from the first hello to the final connection to help.
3. 211 is simple and convenient to use. The service is free, confidential, and accessible 24/7/365.
4. There’s more than one way to use 211. You can dial 2-1-1 from any phone and speak to a trained 211 referral specialist. Or you can browse local resources online. The service is also available by text. Visit uwcsra.org/211 to get connected today.
Dial 2-1-1 or 706-826-1495 to speak with a referral specialist
Visit 211csra.org to use our online database or
Text your 5-digit zip code to 898211 to text directly with a referral specialist (available M-F, 8:30AM-5PM), or for automatic referrals, OD10 to 898211
5. 211 tackles problems at the roots. In fact, our 211 referral specialists are trained to identify and address the underlying root causes of a client’s problem – and connect them with a wide range of available resources that meet all their underlying needs, not just the one that prompted the call, text, or email.
6. 211 helps thousands of residents in the CSRA each year, many of them just like you. In 2020, 211 made more than 100,000 referrals and connections, with 1,700 of those interactions being COVID-related phone calls. 211 is available to help anyone, no matter their situation, their income level, or their gender, age, race, religion, or sexual orientation.
7. 211 responds to new needs with innovative services. To help overcome short- term transportation barriers in Columbia and Richmond counties, we partnered with Lyft in 2020 to provide free rides for eligible individuals, which is now called the Ride United Transportation Access Program.
Learn more and get help by visiting uwcsra.org/211. And share this information with as many people as possible, so everyone knows where to turn for help.
Help Make Someone’s Life Better
By supporting 211, you can be part of solving our community's problems and transforming lives for the better.
Give Now: uwcsra.org/donate